Thursday, February 11, 2010

Pretty in Pink


We had our 20wk. ultrasound yesterday and found out we're having a baby girl around June 24th. I made this pic in photoshop, printed it as a sticker, and wore it on my baby-bump to work today to inform my anxiously waiting co-workers. Everyone loved the sticker and the students did too {I made each class guess what they thought the baby was AND surprise, surprise... most of the boys voted 'boy' and most of the girls voted 'girl'}. We didn't want to be told the sex of the baby in the ultrasound office, so the doctor had us close our eyes when she was determining what it was and we brought a card with an envelope for her to write it in for us to open later. After the visit, we drove to Dan's dad's house so it would be just the two of us finding out. When we opened the card, it took us a second to adjust, because we were both so sure it was going to be a boy {so did most of the people we received opinions from on the matter}. We called my mom and Dan's parents from our cell-phones and the house phone at the same time. It was fun to hear all of their reactions simultaneously! Following many more phone-calls and emails, we went to Target and walked slowly through the baby section looking at every pink item available {as well as all of the things we hadn't even considered}. We picked-out 3 adorable baby dresses to start the girly extravaganza. Now, the name-game!

4 comments:

BriANDaleen said...

Yay! Congrats! You can always name her Daleen...I won't mind ;)

Angela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angela said...

Let the FUN begin...I might be biased but I LOVE our little girl and truly enjoy dressing her up. I can't go to ANY store that has baby clothes because I want to buy it all. You will have so much fun with your sweet daughter and if she is anything like Emmalyn she will be such a big helper. I've found her with a rag cleaning the carpet...it is so funny and cute. Good luck picking a name; can't wait to find out what you pick. Yea for girls!!

Laurie Wilcox said...

Congratulations!!! Baby girls first are the best! I was so sure that Isabelle was a boy too, but man oh man, I'm so grateful I got my girlie girl. Especially since three boys have followed LOL. Of course I love boys too, but I'm glad I got at least one of each. Plus older girls are great little mommies for one(s) to follow. That is with the assumtion that you will eventually want more...LOL. I'm gonna be quiet now. Can't wait to hear what you name her! Good luck!