
I was inspired by one of my roommates from college who decided to make a list of things to accomplish this year, rather than a handful of New Year's resolutions. I've decided to do the same thing (considering everyone continues to remind me of the fact that when the baby arrives...I will have no time to complete a sentence, let-alone a project). So, I've created a list of things to accomplish before my due-date. One of the items on the list (which, bytheway, doesn't have to be completed in-order) was a new bedskirt for our bed with matching pillows.
For Christmas 2007, my mother-in-law made a bedskirt for our bed with a great black and white "Versailles-Bee" fabric (she is an upholsterer, so you can imagine how gorgeous it is). Inspiration struck and I wanted to sew a bedskirt for our bed as well, using our bedskirt from my mother-in-law as a guide. I found some great fabric on a design site that I fell in love with, before I read the $90 price-per-yard. Not being able to justify that, I searched numerous fabric sites to find something comparable and landed on a "Colonial Pineapple" print through E-bay with the more reasonable $10 per-yard (make sure if you purchase fabric from ebay, that the seller understands the terminology associated with the run of the fabric print so that you are speaking the same sewing-lingo and can plan for the number of yards needed. I mean REALLY check to make sure they get it!).
I sewed a new paneled-bedskirt with matching pillows for the bed! I was so thrilled with how it turned out, to have the fabric off of my project shelving (to make room for the next one), and to have the sense of accomplishment. I thought the project would be more difficult than it was, but it only took me 2 days and bada-bing... instant room make-over!
So, what's next? I'll refer to my list...










3 comments:
You ROCK Whitney; if only I had your skills and drive. I actually like the $10 print better. I hope you are doing well. Miss ya!!!
When I grow up and have my own house, will you help me decorate?
I love ya--I want to see you soon...maybe we can make it work out...
Very cute! I haven't even attempted a bed skirt, and I don't have one! Do you have a pattern? If so send it my way!
Post a Comment