
As Emerson and I were reading The Friend magazine {a publication from our church for elementary school-aged kids}, we came across another article that Emerson wanted to connect with more. The title of the article is "Buddies For Ben" from the June 2010 issue. It was a great story about how we can be the one to stand-up for what we believe in & in this case it was friendship. Ben {the main character in the story} befriends a boy at scout camp who is left out because he's different.
Emerson wanted to participate in a role-playing activity to reenact a similar situation. So, I made some phone-calls, pulled a few strings, and set it up! Without further adeu we present to you:
CHUMS FOR COW








CAST MEMBERS:
Emerson .... as Emerson, the friend who made a difference
Flat Cow ... as Flat Cow, the outcast of the group
FRIENDLY GROUP:
Ardvark .... as nice friend #1
Llama .... as nice friend #2
Pearl the Dolphin .... as nice friend #3
Rhino .... as nice friend #4
Baby Mini Mouse .... as nice friend #5
Baby Eeyore .... as nice friend #6
MEAN GROUP TURNED NICE IN THE END:
Ugly doll .... as mean turned nice #1
Fuzzy Frog .... as mean turned nice #2
Squishy Sheep .... as mean turned nice #3
Pink Bear .... as mean turned nice #4
Mermaid .... as mean turned nice #5
Piggy Bank the Ballerina .... as mean turned nice #6
Colorful Caterpillar .... as mean turned nice #7
Polka Dot-Duck .... as mean turned nice #8
THANK-YOU'S~
We would like to thank all who participated in today's play. Special thanks go out to the toys who agreed to go out of their comfort-zone to play the part of the "mean-group"- we know it was tough, but we couldn't have done it without you. Thanks to the lighting and photography crew, as well as the digital imaging department ...spectacular work. We would also like to send the biggest thanks and appreciation to our producer Dan "Dad" Lynch! Without your confidence and trust in our vision, as well as your funding, none of this would be possible!








1 comment:
Ah, Whitney! I was just wondering if you had a blog. I read your latest post and laughed SO hard! I can't believe I've been missing out this whole time :) You are hilarious...glad I found it!
Post a Comment