Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Most Beautiful Moments


Today Emerson and I went for a walk around a local reservoir {I hope I don't sound like a snot, but I love exercise! Swimming laps during my pregnancy and walking postpartum have saved my sanity on both ends of having a baby}
As we came around a turn, a woman {who I will assume was a grandmother} and her new grandbaby {appearingly so... my guess is same age as Emerson} were sitting on a bench in the morning sunlight with a soft breeze passing by them. I didn't really pay attention to the woman, however, I did pay attention to the baby. In that moment the baby looked completely at peace. It was absolutely beautiful!
Emerson has so many of these beautiful & peaceful moments! Babies bring us some of the most beautiful moments life has to offer. They are so close to heaven and bring bits of it with them {to help us remember true happiness}. A woman passed by our car as I was getting Emerson out of her stroller and the she commented, "It looks like a very new person." What she said reminded me of Emerson's potential. We all have such great potential and it's exciting to think of the opportunities that babies have ahead of them!
Thank-you Emerson for reminding me of the beauty, peace, and potential Heavenly Father's plan has for all of us!

No comments: