Saturday, August 21, 2010

City Girls

Emerson had her first trip to San Francisco this week. I thought she needed a fancy outfit for her special day and the night before, I happened-upon a polka-dot onesie with ruffles and a tutu to match. We began our morning with a photo-shoot of Emerson. Following that, Emerson, Aunt Karen, Nora, Diana, and I drove over to the city to have lunch and treats!
We ate lunch at Stacks... delicious! Emerson and the rest of us "strollered" on over to Paulette, where we picked up the best French macarons I've ever had {especially the passion-fruit one...Emerson said she would take my word for it}. After that delectable stop, Emerson and the rest of us found ourselves at Miette to pick-up some tasty cupcakes and fun candies {Emerson said she wanted me to eat one of the old-fashioned chocolate cupcakes on her behalf and I had to oblige}.
Aunt Karen suggested that we needed to go to La Boulange and pick-up some
of their to-go sandwiches to take home for dinner that night and Emerson agreed with three enthusiastic cheers. The restaurant felt a bit crowded so Emerson asked Nora to stroll her up and down the block for a few minutes...and they did.
After a couple more stops for window shopping {Emerson and I have talked about this form of enjoyment and she was so thrilled to experience it for herself} we made our way to the car.
Emerson, Aunt Karen, Nora, Diana, and I drove to the Ferry Building. We stopped to buy some Bao:Asian dumplings...these were pork-filled and delicious! {Emerson once again said she'd take my word for it and demanded that we take her again when she is old-enough to eat grown-up food... I told her that I whole-heartedly agreed and wouldn't forget}. We tried the best chocolate I've ever had at a shop that I didn't catch the name of. We had a few photo-opps and then tried some Mexican-style corn-on-the-cob at Mijita {Emerson declined...she didn't want the corn to get stuck between her gums}. Emerson had an afternoon snack of bottle and we headed home.
Once we got back Emerson wanted to have her picture taken with all of her treats, so we displayed them on my favorite cake platter {Emerson thanked me for that}. We held her next to the treat-extravaganza and she decided that if she couldn't eat the treats, she might as well swipe her hand through the frosting of one of the cupcakes... so she did. Before we went to sleep that night she told me she had one of the best days of her then: 6.5 week-old life {as of yesterday: 7 weeks old} {then, she whispered in my ear that the very best day was meeting Dan and I for the first time...I got teary-eyed and hugged her close}.













2 comments:

Gerber Family said...

Looks like Emerson had a great trip to the city! She is so cute! Wish I could have been there with you girls...looks liks a fun day!

Karen, Nora and Diana said...

We had so much fun going with you and Emerson on her first trip to the city. Jess, we wish that you and Gavin could have joined us.