
YES! We are expecting an addition to our family on June 30th and are absolutely thrilled! (Yes that is the day that 'Eclipse' is out in theaters...so we'll see what happens). I haven't been updating my blog at all because every afternoon, I'm nauseated. Luckily I teach art in the morning at an elementary school while I'm not sick... it's the coming home part that really gets to me. I eat lunch and then lie on the sofa while watching Martha Stewart. Then the count-down until the nausea begins. UGH! It's all worth it I'm sure... although somedays it can really drag you down(I have a deep respect for people who live with a chronic illness). The above picture is a napkin Dan found for me at Sur La Table (I added the part about not listening). We both laughed very heartily at it! At my last prenatal appointment, Dan and I were able to hear the baby's heartbeat. How exciting and strange is that! It was so interesting to consider that there is actually another heartbeat inside me and I'm growing a human! Dan wants me to say "The fetus and I need to eat" and his absolute favorite that I haven't been able to commit to is saying "We (in an alien-body-snatcheresque manner) need to eat." He is like a kid on Christmas morning about telling everyone we're pregnant...and I suppose the body-snatcher thing is his male way of bonding with the idea. It's cute. So, I've heard that the nausea can possibly subside around the 14th week...I'm 2 seconds away from week 12... so we'll see what happens around the corner!








4 comments:
Congratulations!! Holy cow I am SO excited for you guys. I am sorry that you don't feel well right now but it should pass and it is defintely worth it. You are going to love being a mom and will be such an amazing one. I look forward to following along during your pregnancy journey.
Oh man I am soooooo excited you and Dan!!! My Mom told us the other day when your Mom called her to let them know. I told Ty and he said, "ah man...I wish they lived closer. Dan is a cool guy. I need his email." You should be feeling better soon...although I was sick for 5 mos. I bet Dan is sooooo excited! I know he has wanted this for a while. Congrats and let us know if there is anything we can do!
Hooray!!!! I'm so excited for you!
How EXCITING!!! Are you going to find out the gender? Just curious if you are patient enough to wait until June... personally, I have a hard time waiting for 20 weeks! You will make an excellent mommy! Keep us posted!
Post a Comment