
We had a blast in Disneyland! The first day we spent entirely in Disneyland. We rode the Haunted Mansion ride numerous times. It was incredible how they decorated it for the "Nightmare Before Christmas". We rode Pirates of the Caribbean and we had to ride Peter Pan and Snow White (Dan had never been on those) then we rode Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. We had lunch at the Blue Bayou (the restaurant in the Pirates of the Caribbean). We shared the Monte Cristo sandwich and it is amazing! Our waiter gave us "Happy Anniversary" buttons after we had mentioned that's why we came to Disneyland. He told us to wear them the rest of our time there, which proved a great thing- We were wished happy anniversary by every employee that we passed and we got front row seats to the "Soaring over California" ride at CA Adventureland. We then went on the Big Thunder Railroad, Winnie the Pooh, and Jungle Cruise. We went on the Matterhorn, Space Mountain (which was my first time on that ride) and Star Tours. We rode some other rides again and we were beat at about 7pm (hate to admit) but in our defense, we arrived at our hotel the previous night at 12:30am. The second day we went to Disneyland first (because CA Adventureland didn't open until 10am). We rode Indiana Jones twice and the Jungle Cruise again to restore Dan's faith in that ride (the first tour guide wasn't funny at all, however the second one was hilarious!). We then went over to CA Adventureland. Everything was decked-out with these huge oversized candy corns. Dan convinced me to ride the "Hollywood Tower of Terror" which was one of my biggest fears...rides like drop-zone at Great America....I didn't like the free falling thing. BUT I MADE IT! I rode the ride...thought I was going to die, but I loved it...after. Instead of just lifting you up and then dropping you, the ride disorients you by bringing you up and dropping you and dropping you again and then bringing you up again and dropping you and then the final drop from the top. Then we went back over to Disneyland to eat lunch at Cafe Orleans where they serve Mickey-shaped beignets (puff pastries). We started eating lunch and the entire restaurant had to be evacuated because the fire alarm was going off. After about 1/2hr. we were allowed back to our tables. After lunch, we got our picture taken with Jack and Sally -from "The Nightmare Before Christmas" (we had tried twice before that to get in line before they closed it off). Then we went back over to CA Adventureland and rode "California Screamin'" It is probably the best rollercoaster we had ever been on! We went to the Bug's life 3D movie thing they have and it was hilarious! We then watched the Muppet 3D movie and it was great too. We finished off the day back at Disneyland riding more rides, eating dinner, and watching the fireworks. On the drive back, we went up 101 instead of 5, so we could stop in Solvang. Dan ate his first Aeblskivers! They are puff pastry that is from Denmark and they are soooooo good. I hadn't been to Solvang in almost 9yrs. We walked around for a little bit to stretch our legs from the drive and then continued on home. I wish I would have taken a picture of a "Yes on 8" sign we saw at the side of the road...It was huge and the base was completely surrounded with chain-link fence topped in barbed wire! It was awesome. We will post our pics on a slideshow, once I figure out how to do that.








1 comment:
I am so glad you guys had fun!! WE were thinking about you!! We miss you guys!
Post a Comment