
This July, we flew out to Michigan (which is absolutely beautiful and lush-green with vegetation...and I got to see fireflies for the first time!) for my brother Matt's wedding. Matt and Sarah were married in the Detroit, Michigan LDS temple on July 18. 2009. I felt so blessed that despite the trials my family has had in our lives (mostly in regards to my dad) that we have all stayed together. My mom should be given the bulk of the credit for our remaining a close family unit. My mom has an endless supply of patience, that I hope to acquire someday, and her strong testimony of the gospel (plus all of Grandpa Shaw's quotes we had memorized by the age of 14). Matt always lent a listening ear our way. Mallory always kept us laughing until our abs hurt (great work-out). So, as Dan, Mallory, and I walked over to the car after the temple sealing, Mallory and I looked at each other and began to cry, thinking of how blessed our little family is and that it is growing with each temple marriage that has happened. Matt, Sarah, and Sarah's parents stayed at my mom's house for the open-house here in CA. Dan and I talked about how we've never had the house feel to small because we've never had this many people staying in it! My mom's best friend from their days at BYU, Jennifer, drove up from Chicago for the wedding. It was fun seeing my mom seem a bit younger around her best friend! It was fun to see Jennifer, because we haven't seen her for 17yrs! Congratulations Matt & Sarah!








No comments:
Post a Comment